Why are folk in the world quick to criticize or label someone who hears the voice of God with mental illness? Yet, there is no dispute when someone hears the voice of Satan. I was ostracized by a “church goer,” whom I had known twenty years. They suggested I needed to seek professional help after I shared some of my Holy Spirit led by the voice of God encounters.
The reason cohorts of the devil widely accept hearing his voice is because they are of the world. Their father is the devil and their leader is the prince of the world.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. John 14:30
Jesus says [those not of the world, who believe in him] are My sheep [who] hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27
Jesus was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:10
Today, many [church-going religious fok] still do not know Jesus by his spirit operating in the lives of others who choose to follow him daily. It is evident folk are operating according to the spirit of the world when they choose their way, their pleasures, and ungodly counsel. Yet proclaim themselves as wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 1 Corinthians 3:19
So, I guess the following folk in the Bible, who did great exploits, also had mental illness when they heard the voice of God :
1. Abraham who was told to relocate and promised an offspring of his own (a son, Isaac). Then forewarned his generation would be in bondage to the Egyptians four hundred (400) years.
2. Noah who was given a blueprint to build an Ark that did not sink so that he, his family, and pairs of animals were spared from the flood.
3. Moses who led Abraham’s generation [the Israelites] out of Egpyt, through the Red Sea on dry land, and was given the blueprint to build the tabernacle, and Ark of the Covenant.
4. Joshua who marched around the walls of Jericho, crossed the Jordan river on dry land, besieged a city and led the offspring of the Israelites into the territory of land God promised that extended from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates river, —all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west.
5. Gideon who was instructed to choose men of valor to war against the oppressor Midianites.
6. David who fought and won many battles.
7. Solomon who built a temple unto the Lord, and dispersed wise counsel.
8. Nehemiah who was instructed to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
9. Job who was rebuked by the voice of God, then given a double portion blessing.
10. The following prophets who gave Godly counsel after hearing the voice of God: